"Inspiring all to live, learn and love in the light of Jesus"
"I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life." John 8:12
It was a pleasure to welcome parents to our second Assessment without Levels information evening. There was a strong feeling of parents and teachers working together in partnership ... so thank you to everyone who came along.
The feedback was very positive - below are just a few of the comments we received:
• 'Very good’
• 'I now have a better understanding of the new National Curriculum’
• 'I knew about assessing without levels but now understand the depth of it’
• 'Quite a lot of useful information shared'
• 'It is now easier for parents to understand'
• 'Good idea'
• 'Found it interesting'
• ‘I welcome the change, it seems to be a better system’
• 'Fab- will be easier to assess where she is and what she needs to work on’
• 'The new report system every half term is fantastic- as parents will be kept informed of progress throughout the year'
• ‘It’s really good to know that all the pyramid schools are working together on assessment so that the transition to high school is a smooth one’
We also received some helpful comments about what more support and information parents would like.
• The half termly progress reports to include a commentary on any specific areas that the
child is finding difficult so that parents can support their learning at home.
• During parent consultation evenings, parents to be given a copy of grades for each area
of the subject .
Over the coming months we will also be holding more focus evenings with more detail on Y2 and Y6 SATs.
The powerpoint presentation from the Assessing Without Levels information evening can be viewed below.
Click on the ICON to Download information
Tuesday 5th September:
Tuesday 12th September:
Welcome evening for parents/carers
Wednesday 20th September:
Parents invited to Melody Tots 9.00am to 9.30am
Friday 20th October:
School Closed for Half Term
© 2013 St Paulinus Catholic Primary School, Temple Road,
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 3QE
Tel: 01924 488282, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.stpaulinuscps.org
Designed and Maintained by: Richard Clayton
St. Paulinus Catholic Primary School ICT Technical Support